Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas was great! My family was here and my parents came down on Christmas Eve and we had a great dinner. The grandkids played more than they ate (except for candy - they know all my secret hiding places) and when I went downstairs, you couldn't even see the floor. I told them they all had to clean up and they all replied (almost in unison), "I didn't do it!" Inside I was laughing, but I told them they did too and were going to clean up. With everyone helping, we had things picked up in no time and only lost one toy. We did find it later under the chair.

I love having everyone over and this year, everyone did the dishes for me. Earlier in the day I was getting the secret Santa key out of the box and stabbed myself inbetween my thumb and pointer finger. I tried to hide it from Dane for awhile, but it was bleeding way too much. We took a trip to the emergency room and I called the girls on the way and told them they could go ahead and eat if I wasn't back in time. They rushed be through at the hospital and I was home in itme for everything. I guess I was pretty loopy, but I didn't notice.

Christmas Day wasn't so great, I slept through it. Dane went up to his mom's house and Tia, Aleesa and Jake went, but the kids were with Crystal (their mom).

We did have a nice break and tomorrow we are back in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment